Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Joshi210 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/11 21:06:03 UTC

Active MQ Clustering active active setup.

Hello ALL,

Currently we have a Master/slave setup of Activemq . Master and slave are on
different machines. We need the Master slave set up to be Master/Master and
the requests need to be load balanced between the two broker nodes.

Example: if 1000 messages are sent broker A should receive 500 and broker B
500. I tried setting up network of brokers multicast discovery but it didnt
work out.

Please do let me know which configuration should we use.

Thanks
Joshi

Re: Active MQ Clustering active active setup.

Posted by Joshi210 <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tim

Re: Active MQ Clustering active active setup.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
ActiveMQ 5.x isn't capable of running in a cluster with more than one
master. The closest we can come is to run a network of brokers, but that's
not the same as a load-balanced cluster and may or may not meet your needs.

ActiveMQ Artemis is capable of running a multi-master cluster, though I'm
not familiar enough with it to say whether it's capable of load-balancing
messages sent from a single connection.

Kafka is capable of running a clustered load-balanced broker, though it
does it by partitioning the topic so you give up some of the message
ordering and load balancing behavior you might expect from a
non-partitioned message broker.

AWS Kinesis seems to have similar characteristics to Kafka, but in a hosted
model (which changes the price characteristics, and means you don't have to
buy up-front or maintain the hardware or the operating system), but there
are a few limitations that don't exist if you run Kafka.

Tim