Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Pramod Sokke <pr...@investools.com> on 2000/08/16 01:31:53 UTC

Persistent db connectivity

Hi,

I'm using Apache::Sybase::CTlib to establish persistent db connectivity in
an effort to move our quite old and extremely dirty scripts from Netscape
onto Apache with mod_perl. I'm establishing this connection on server
startup and I haven't changed anything in my scripts. The above-mentioned
module is supposed to take care of it with no changes.
However, in my error logs, whenever a connection is made to the db, I see
the message : [notice] Establishing connection to <server>:<db>, where
'server' is our db server and 'db' is the database name.
Does this mean that fresh connections are being established on every call
to 'Connect' in my scripts inspite of establishing a connection at server
startup? Does this mean that Apache is not overriding the 'connect' calls
from my scripts?

Thanks,
Pramod