Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by wangqinghuan <10...@qq.com> on 2017/07/24 07:24:32 UTC

when does ActiveMQ 6.x releases?

  I have a project integrated  with ActiveMQ5.9 client that interacts with
ActiveMQ5.9 broker. As the increasement of data flow(over one thousand per
second),  ActiveMQ5.9 broker is not confident as previous(there are some
"inactive channel" and "connection reset" exception in activemq.log).
  In order to improve performace , I intend to build a activeMQ cluster to
distribute data to multiple ActiveMQ broker,  but there is no such
distributed solution for ActiveMQ5.x (failover doesn't satisfy our
scenarios, it behaves more like a hot-standby rather than a load-banlance).
Although somone suggests to replace AcitveMQ with KafKa  that is more fast
and support load balance,  I didn't want to do  because of the enormous
workload of changing from activeMQ to kafka.
  Recently, I understand a sub project called Artemis , can provide
outstanding performance and is possible to become ActiveMQ 6.x. It seems
like that ActiveMQ6.x is a perfect answer for us. What's the approximately
time point ActiveMQ6.x release? If it releases, can I replace ActiveMQ5.X
broker with ActiveMQ6.X  broker directly without upgrading ActiveMQ client
that embedded in project (keep ActiveMQ5.9 client unchanged)?

Re: when does ActiveMQ 6.x releases?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Keep in mind too that Artemis started from the HornetQ codebase, and so
many portions of the broker code are more mature than the Artemis release
dates would imply. That's not to say that there haven't been changes, and
bugs, since, but the code wasn't written from the ground up when Artemis
development began.

Tim

Posted by Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com>.