Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Alexander Farber (EED)" <ee...@eed.ericsson.se> on 2000/10/26 17:38:25 UTC

Re: problem connecting to oracle with DBD-Oracle-1.06/DBI-1.14 with Perl version v5.6.0 for Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_perl/1.24 mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5a

HotMail: Bill wrote:
> If I run the cgi scripts from command line they connect to the oracle
> database just fine.
>
> If I run them under the webserver (apache::registry), the cannot connect to
> the database.
> ORA-12054 error.
>
> Has anyone seen this before or have an idea on how to track down the
> problem?

I suggest asking on the dbi-users list (archive
at http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/dbi/ )
and submitting there a trace of 2 or higher (perldoc DBI)