Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net> on 2007/03/02 21:21:31 UTC

EAR plugin: dependent libraries location

Hi all,

I have an EAR project, which includes an EJB project as module, say Foo.

Foo is dependant on Bar, and bar is included in the EAR, but not in the
root directory of the EAR instead in the /lib directory.

This results in a class-not-found exception when deploying in jboss.

Did I forget anything or do I really have to specify any dependency in
the EAR explicitly to deploy to the EAR/lib ?

Cheers,
Ron

Re: EAR plugin: dependent libraries location

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On 3/2/07, Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an EAR project, which includes an EJB project as module, say Foo.
>
> Foo is dependant on Bar, and bar is included in the EAR, but not in the
> root directory of the EAR instead in the /lib directory.

It does not matter where it's located except if you're using JavaEE5. If
it's a standard library, it should be defined in the manifest of your
ejb-jar and it will be located in the root directory unless you overwrite
the defaults.

Do you have defined the defaultJarBundleDir parameter?

This results in a class-not-found exception when deploying in jboss.

> Did I forget anything or do I really have to specify any dependency in
> the EAR explicitly to deploy to the EAR/lib ?

It's an EAR thing. Just make sure that Bar is defined somewhere.

HTH,
Stéphane

Cheers,

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
Ron Piterman wrote:
> I have an EAR project, which includes an EJB project as module, say Foo.
>
> Foo is dependant on Bar, and bar is included in the EAR, but not in the
> root directory of the EAR instead in the /lib directory.
>
> This results in a class-not-found exception when deploying in jboss.

Check out the md4j-quickstarter poms [1]. Library jars go yo
ear/APP-INF/lib and are visible from both the war and ejb module; the
purpose was to reuse libraries.

The root project contains ear, ejb and web modules. In their POMs you
can see how dependencies are used along with the ear, war and ejb
plugins to do this.

[1] http://md4j.cvs.sourceforge.net/md4j/md4j-quickstarter-mvn/

hth,

Manos