Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/18 12:49:49 UTC

Fwd: ajax engine release opinions

I don't want to spam this list with contrived self-important
discussions, but without knowing who is/isn't watching the tacos-dev
list I wanted to be sure any persons here that may have an opinion on
this matter were aware of what's trying to be figured out...

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
ok good :) i've just been feeling all this pressure to get something
out, no reason why people can't grab it from cvs if they need it that
bad... :)

Posted by Viktor Szathmary <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I don't think anyone will mind that at tacos, guess we'll wait til the
library comes out and see what people here think.

The only concern I would have would be the expected high number of
release cycles this first version will likely have. Maybe it won't be
that bad though, the tap integration without any actual ajax on the
client is probably only a small handful of classes..

Posted by Alex Ieong <xe...@gmail.com>.
I think Tap4 (or 4.5?) could embrace it into its core at once if it is
released a seperate entity. Then Tap. could claim itself ajax-ready
and compatible with ajax/javascript frameworks! ;)

On 8/18/05, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't want to spam this list with contrived self-important
> discussions, but without knowing who is/isn't watching the tacos-dev
> list I wanted to be sure any persons here that may have an opinion on
> this matter were aware of what's trying to be figured out...

> From: Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>
> Date: Aug 18, 2005 6:41 AM
> Subject: ajax engine release opinions
> To: tacos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
>

> How does everyone feel about the idea of releasing the core ajax-ish
> engine logic of tacos as a seperate entity from the tacos components
> themselves? Is this just going to confuse the library?  How soon do
> people want this sort of functionality?
>
> I think after today I will have more than enough of the core logic in
> place that I could simply release the core itself, and let other
> people/libraries worry about how they are going to handle their end of
> the javascript chain.
>
> It doesn't make very much sense in my mind to release an
> "IEngineService" without the corresponding link component that goes
> with it, but I could be wrong. Nor does it make a whole lot of sense
> to release that component, without the additional tacos javascript
> client handlers that makes the process a little bit easier.
>
> So, I've got a branch of tacos sitting in cvs that should be more than
> enough for any foundational work to start being done by other
> component developers by the end of the day, how and when do we release
> the logic? I plan on adding at lease a small tutorial-ish page to the
> main sourceforge page just to get people started with understanding
> how this particular implementation is dealing with the logic.
>
> All opinions are welcome..
>
> jesse

Best Regards,
Alex Ieong / xela.org / MO