Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by woolly <p....@lbs-ltd.com> on 2008/01/31 18:16:19 UTC

XPath Into XML Binary Content

Hi all,

If I create an nt:resource node, give it a jcr:data property with an xml
document as value, and the appropriate jcr:mimeType, Lucene will index it.
Is it then possible to apply XPath queries to that xml document?

Thanks,

Phil

Re: XPath Into XML Binary Content

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 31, 2008 7:16 PM, woolly <p....@lbs-ltd.com> wrote:
> If I create an nt:resource node, give it a jcr:data property with an xml
> document as value, and the appropriate jcr:mimeType, Lucene will index it.
> Is it then possible to apply XPath queries to that xml document?

You can use jcr:contains() full text constraints to match the jcr:data
content, but not generic XPath. Jackrabbit supports (the JCR subset
of) XPath only on JCR nodes and properties, not on XML content stored
inside a binary property.

BR,

Jukka Zitting