Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2006/12/01 00:13:45 UTC

Re: AW: Torque 4.0 plan

"Thoralf Rickert" <th...@cadooz.de> writes:

AFAIK, Torque is the only 'official' Texen user (at least the only one
that I know of). Rewriting Texen has been on my list for ages so if
you consider dropping the usage of Texen in Torque, removing it from
Velocity (in Velocity 2.x) will be easier.

(Consider this sort of an inofficial deprecation warning. We did
discuss removing the bundled tools (Anakia and Texen) from the
Velocity Engine jar in Version 2.0 and beyond (they will stay in the
1.x series!) but haven't decided yet.

	Best regards
		Henning

>Hi!

>> [....]
>> - Use Java 5 style generics and enumerations. One can use compiler
>> settings to produce pre-1.5-executable class files.

>Oh yes. I will be glad to help on this topic.

>Another small topic is my suggestion some months ago (July, 10.) to
>replace the ant velocity render task with our own velocity render task
>to remove leading spaces in front of velocity statements (__#foreach
>...). Therefore we have to rewrite some lines in
>org.apache.velocity.texen.ant.TexenTask which we extend. This works here
>for my XHTML generation very good. Maybe there are some other features
>that could be possible with our own velocity renderer.

>bye
>Thoralf

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design | Velocity - Turbine guy

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."