Posted to batik-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ca...@apache.org on 2006/03/22 04:32:08 UTC

svn commit: r387698 - /xmlgraphics/batik/branches/webapi/

Author: cam
Date: Tue Mar 21 19:32:07 2006
New Revision: 387698

Log:
Branch for integrating work from the W3C Web API WG.

Added:
    xmlgraphics/batik/branches/webapi/
      - copied from r387697, xmlgraphics/batik/trunk/

Re: svn commit: r387698 - /xmlgraphics/batik/branches/webapi/

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Cameron,

Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> wrote on 03/22/2006 10:12:56 PM:

> thomas.deweese@kodak.com:
> >         What's this about?
>
> I wanted to incorporate some early work from the Web API WG[1], such as
> the Window interface[2], but obviously since it is a bit early I don't
> want to put it in the trunk.  I offered to help with a test framework
> for Java bindings of these interfaces[3], and Batik seemed a natural
> place to test the test framework on.

   Cool stuff, and needed badly I think.  I was just curious since
there hadn't been any discussion on this.

> >         Also we need to be a little careful about W3C Interfaces.  I
don't
> > know when
> > but at some point I think they need to be rolled into the xml-apis
project
> > (to clarify
> > licensing).
>
> The interfaces I added here haven't been published formally yet; I just
> translated the early IDLs.
>
> If you think it is inappropriate to have this stuff in the Apache
> repository I don't mind moving it somewhere else.  (Subversion's not
> very good at distributed repositories, is the only thing.)

   I don't think that the code is fundamentally problematic but from
a code ownership/license point of view we need to draw a very stark
line between code owned by the ASF and code used by the ASF.  The code
will likely have to move eventually in to xmlapis project, at Apache.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/Window/publish/Window.html

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
thomas.deweese@kodak.com: