Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Don Hosek <do...@dream-in-color.net> on 2009/02/25 02:50:48 UTC

Maven-Eclipse-Hibernate: Missing indirectly referenced artifact

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to specify Hibernate
Annotations as a dependency (I get a similar error with Hibernate
itself).
Missing indirectly referenced artifact javax.persistence:ejb:jar:3.0-
public_review:compile

This is using the m2eclipse plugin in Eclipse.

Here is my pom.xml

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
"
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd
">
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>dhosek</groupId>
   <artifactId>library-catalog</artifactId>
   <packaging>war</packaging>
   <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
   <name>library-catalog Maven Webapp</name>
   <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>junit</groupId>
       <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
       <version>3.8.1</version>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
        <groupId>hibernate</groupId>
        <artifactId>hibernate-annotations</artifactId>
        <version>3.1beta4</version>
     </dependency>
   </dependencies>
   <build>
     <finalName>library-catalog</finalName>
   </build>
</project>

Any thoughts on what I can do to let Maven manage my dependencies?

-dh

Re: Maven-Eclipse-Hibernate: Missing indirectly referenced artifact

Posted by Don Hosek <do...@dream-in-color.net>.
Thanks, it turns out that there's also a bit of magic that needs to
happen with m2eclipse, so adding the dependency via the add dependency
menu item (and not via the add dependency button in the pom editor)
did the trick.

Now, I just have to figure out why my attempts at adding a package in
Eclipse don't work.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.