Posted to user@ratis.apache.org by runzhiwang <ru...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/25 07:36:14 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Ratis 2.0.0 release

I am happy to announce that the Apache Ratis 2.0.0 has been released.

The release details, including links to downloads
are on the 2.0.0 announcement page [1].
You can also download the release from the Downloads page [2].

[1] https://ratis.apache.org/post/2.0.0.html
[2] https://ratis.apache.org/downloads.html

Thanks all for your contribution!
runzhiwang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ratis 2.0.0 release

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for rolling out the release!

A major feature of 2.0.0 is Ratis Streaming (RATIS-979), which supports
zero buffer copying and asynchronous event driven.

Note that 2.0.0 is wire compatible with 1.0.0 since there are no
incompatible
protobuf changes.  We have tested (thanks runzhiwang) the following cases,
and
it shows 2.0.0 is wire compatible with 1.0.0.
- 1.0 client talking to 2.0 server.
- 2.0 client talking to 1.0 server.
- 1.0 client talking to 1.0 server and 2.0 server in the same raft group.
- 2.0 client talking to 1.0 server and 2.0 server in the same raft group.

Note that 2.0.0 is API incompatible with 1.0.0 due to the API changes
(RATIS-1181, RATIS-1242).
We have formally defined a set of public APIs for StateMachine
implementations.
We also have moved the new APIs to a new maven module named
ratis-server-api.

Regards,
Tsz-Wo

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.