Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Rakesh A <ia...@rediffmail.com> on 2015/12/14 14:00:13 UTC

CssUrlReplacer and performance with certain CSS files

Hi,

I was experimenting with 'CssUrlReplacer', and I see that the performance of
CSS file loading might get affected if we enable it. I know that it depends
on the content of (no of image URLs) CSS files (and documentation doesn't
mention it also :) )

In my tests, I was trying to load ExtJs theme CSS file, and it took
"18668ms" to process it, and this file has 633 instances of background image
css property with 'url'.

One can extend this class and exclude it from the processing list, but would
like to know if the performance aspects of this class were investigated?
Any plans to improve this implementation ?

Regards,
Rakesh.A

Re: CssUrlReplacer and performance with certain CSS files

Posted by Rakesh A <ia...@rediffmail.com>.
Created JIRA task: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6051

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Would you be so kind and file in a ticket?

"Improve performance of CssUrlReplacer"

And attach a file to it - then I am going to catch it up.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

kind regards

Tobias

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

we were looking at the performance aspect, yes - but if big CSS files are included it is as you already mentioned not that fast, because all is processed via regex.

Maybe one option to improve it would be to be able to exclude files or provide a pattern which files should be processed.

WDYT?

kind regards

Tobias