Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by TomohitoNakayama <to...@basil.ocn.ne.jp> on 2005/05/10 15:45:51 UTC

"-Dframework=DerbyNetClient"? (Re: BulkInsert ? (Re: DERBY-167 has done but ...))

Hello.

I have tried alljava test suite , but failed in executing DerbyNetAutoStart.
Many hours but the test does not finised.

Executing command generated by RunSuite for that test was as next:
Execute command:
java -DjavaCmd=java -Dframework=DerbyNet -Dtimeout=60 -Djdk12te
st=true -Doutputdir=C:\ProgramDev\derbyUser\derbyall.20050510\derbyall\derbynetm
ats\DerbyNet\derbynetmats -Dtopsuitedir=C:\ProgramDev\derbyUser\derbyall.2005051
0\derbyall\derbynetmats\DerbyNet -Dtopreportdir=C:\ProgramDev\derbyUser\derbyall
.20050510\derbyall\derbynetmats -Drundir=C:\ProgramDev\derbyUser\derbyall.200505
10 -DtestSpecialProps=derby.debug.true=enableBtreeConsistencyCheck^derby.stream.
error.logSeverityLevel=0^excludeJCC=at-or-after:3.0,when-at-or-before:jdk1.3.1^r
unwithj9=false -Dsuitename=derbynetmats:derbynetmats -Dtopsuitename=derbyall
org
.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest
derbynet/DerbyNetAutoStart.ja
va

Seeing next url , I found option of "-Dframework=DerbyNetClient" is needed
for RunTest.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/README.htm

Adding above option to RunSuite also.
After that test seems to be done.

Well .. I'm not sure default command option "-Dframework=DerbyNet" generated
by RunSuite ....

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp
         tomohito@rose.zero.ad.jp

         Naka

*/
Posted by TomohitoNakayama <to...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>.
Hello ....

I found mistake in CLASSPATH.
I misconfigurated CLASSPATH for db2jcc_license_c.jar....

Well ... I need to learn more about drivers....

Thank you for your advising !

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp
         tomohito@rose.zero.ad.jp

         Naka

*/
Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi...

I postpone modification to dblook.(Re: Patch again again for DERBY-167.)

Posted by TomohitoNakayama <to...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>.
Hello.

I decide to postpone modification of dblook.

Modification itself is not difficult.
However , it is needed to know all about SYSTEM table , to check
modification was correctly done.

It is a little hard for me to understand all about SYSTEM table right now.

//This may be suitable for my next task ...

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp
         tomohito@rose.zero.ad.jp

         Naka

*/
Posted by TomohitoNakayama <to...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>.
Hello.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.

Posted by TomohitoNakayama <to...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>.
Hello.

1st:
> The Derby "dblook" utility will have to be modified to account for the "BY
> DEFAULT" keyword--right now, it generates all autoincrement columns using
> the "ALWAYS" keyword.  See
> org/apache/derby/impl/tools/dblook/DB_Table.java, in the
> "reinsateAutoIncrement" method.  Luckily, this change should be fairly
> easy given the changes in your patch.

I see.
I will modify dblook.
Thank you for your notifying :D

2nd:
> Second (minor):
>
> I noticed that in DefaultInfoImpl.java, the two new methods
> (getDefinitionBitsValue and calcIsDefaultValueAutoinc) are declared as
> static--is there a reason for that?  I made them non-static and everything
> compiled, so I'm just wondering if this was intentional?

Yes. That was intentional.

I prefer static method because it have narrower scope than instance method.

Static method can not access instance variable.
On the contrast , calling instance method would change instance variable ,
and state of the object so on.
Then , I prefer static method than instance methood.

I know method , which are to be overridden , must be instance method.
But I think those methods which I added was not such methods.

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp
         tomohito@rose.zero.ad.jp

         Naka

*/
Posted by Army <qo...@sbcglobal.net>.
TomohitoNakayama wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I send new patch for DERBY-167 , which is attached to this mail.
> Please review it.

Thanks for the sending the new patch.

I've reviewed it and I have the following comments.  The first one is an
important one, the second one is very minor.

First:

The Derby "dblook" utility will have to be modified to account for the "BY
DEFAULT" keyword--right now, it generates all autoincrement columns using the
"ALWAYS" keyword.  See org/apache/derby/impl/tools/dblook/DB_Table.java, in the
"reinsateAutoIncrement" method.  Luckily, this change should be fairly easy
given the changes in your patch.

Since your patch sets the "DefaultInfo" for a BY DEFAULT column to a non-null
value, I think dblook can just check the "COLUMNDEFAULT" column in the
SYS.SYSCOLUMNS table.  If it is _not_ null, then dblook can generate "BY
DEFAULT" instead of "ALWAYS".

For example, you could change the "getAutoIncStmt" statement at the top of
DB_Table.java to retrieve the COLUMNDEFAULT column:

getAutoIncStmt =
	conn.prepareStatement("SELECT AUTOINCREMENTSTART, " +
	"AUTOINCREMENTINC, COLUMNDEFAULT FROM SYS.SYSCOLUMNS " +
	"WHERE COLUMNNAME = ? AND REFERENCEID = ?");

and then change the "reinstateAutoIncrement(...)" method to do the following:

.
.
.
if (autoIncCols.next()) {
	long start = autoIncCols.getLong(1);
	if (!autoIncCols.wasNull()) {
		colDef.append(" GENERATED ");
		// -- begin new logic --
		String def = autoIncCols.getString(3);
		colDef.append(autoIncCols.wasNull() ? "ALWAYS" : "BY DEFAULT");
		// -- end new logic --
		colDef.append(" AS IDENTITY (START WITH ");
		colDef.append(autoIncCols.getLong(1));
		colDef.append(", INCREMENT BY ");
		colDef.append(autoIncCols.getLong(2));
		colDef.append(")");
	}
}

Posted by TomohitoNakayama <to...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>.
Hello.

>ColumnDefinitionNode: I would like to see following comments be more
>descriptive. Initially I thought these refer to another method, but that is
>not the case.
>+        //validateDefaultOfAutoInc
>+        //validateDefaultOfDefault

Firstly I thought make each part as separated method.
But I abort it because separated method will make it difficult to see how
instance variable of defaultInfo are handled.

I will write a English sentence there.

>ColumnDescriptor.java: Is there an extra assert for autoincInc being
>non-zero at line: 156
I will erase unnecessary part...

>Also 'static' is not needed for assertAutoinc() method.
As written in reply mail for Army , I prefer static method .....
How should do it ...?

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp
         tomohito@rose.zero.ad.jp

         Naka

*/
Thanks for applying review comments. Overall, the patch looks good.

Some minor comments:

ColumnDefinitionNode: I would like to see following comments be more
descriptive. Initially I thought these refer to another method, but that is
not the case.
+        //validateDefaultOfAutoInc
+        //validateDefaultOfDefault

ColumnDescriptor.java: Is there an extra assert for autoincInc being
non-zero at line: 156? (Second constructor). Also 'static' is not needed for
assertAutoinc() method.
Please apply Army's and my comments. I also invite others to review the
patch, since I will be looking to commit this one soon, after getting an
updated patch. :-)

Satheesh

----- Original Message ----- From: "Army" <qo...@sbcglobal.net>

Re: Patch again for DERBY-167.

Posted by Army <qo...@sbcglobal.net>.

Re: Patch again for DERBY-167.

Posted by TomohitoNakayama <to...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>.
Hello.

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Hard upgrade works currently, I checked in a manual test under
> java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/upgradeTests.

Do you means that upgrade=true option surely update DD_Version in database ?
If so, I might mistake what happened at my testing.

Any way , I will check hardupgrade test again.

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp