Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eugene <ht...@infosatgeomatica.com> on 2004/09/29 19:52:59 UTC

Re[2]: [users@httpd] ___Close xml for reading from browser. how?

Hello Eimantas, thanks. The problem is here that servlet in this case
can not access to this file too. Thanks anyway!

Wednesday, September 29, 2004, 7:24:08 AM, you wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 September 2004 07:18, Eugene wrote:
>> Hello Users! I'm using xml files like configuration files for servlets. Is
>> it possible to prevent these xml's from reading in browser but do not close
>> access to servlet for read these files. Any ideas how to achieve this? The
>> same topic will post in Tomcat Users too just in case.
> Try:
> =============
> <Files ~ "\.xml$">
>   Order deny,allow
>   Deny from all
> </Files>

Best regards,
 Eugene                            mailto:httpd.subscribe@infosatgeomatica.com

Re: AW: Re[2]: [users@httpd] ___Close xml for reading from browser. how?

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
On Wednesday 29 September 2004 19:25, Steffen Heil wrote:
> The directive above is an apache directive, which prevents apache to access
> these files. However servlet requests are passed from apache to tomcat,
> which has no idea at all about apache's configuration. Therefor the servlet
> would still be able to access the file. The problem is, that all other
> non-servlet-config-xml-files on the site would be blocked also.
Well then only thing i can think of is to put all servlet-config-xml files to
separate directory and then add apropriate directives to httpd.conf file
applying same 'permissions' to the whole directory contents.
-----
Eimis

AW: Re[2]: [users@httpd] ___Close xml for reading from browser. how?

Posted by Steffen Heil <li...@steffen-heil.de>.
Hi

>> <Files ~ "\.xml$">
>>   Order deny,allow
>>   Deny from all
>> </Files>

> Hello Eimantas, thanks. The problem is here that servlet in this case can
not access to this file too. Thanks anyway!

NO.
The directive above is an apache directive, which prevents apache to access
these files. However servlet requests are passed from apache to tomcat,
which has no idea at all about apache's configuration. Therefor the servlet
would still be able to access the file. The problem is, that all other
non-servlet-config-xml-files on the site would be blocked also.

Regards,
  Steffen