Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com> on 2007/08/09 14:48:43 UTC

What is the purpose of OrderHeader.originFacilityId field ?

Hi all,

I try to understand why OrderHeader.originFacilityId field is not populated
during the order entry ?
In Order Manager Reference book it says :If the order came in from another
company (drop-ship, fulfillment house, another branch passing through the
order, etc.), it will be given here.
But actually this field is set only from POS order entries.

In ShoppingCart.java:3756 i see comments like:
 // Retrieve the facilityId from the cart's productStoreId because
ShoppingCart.setFacilityId() doesn't seem to be used anywhere

Should it be correct if we always set ShoppingCart.facilityId field to
productStore.inventoryFacilityId ?
This way, all the OrderHeader.originFacilityId by default will have
productStore.inventoryFacilityId.

The reason for setting this field is that while canceling order items that
donot have shipping address (like rental or digital products) the service
recalcOrderTax returns error and the order cannot be canceled.

If the purpose of originFacilityId field is something else, i have to fix
canceling rental orders modifying recalcOrderTax service.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bilgin Ibryam