Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org> on 2019/03/01 01:17:20 UTC

Re: [Proposal] Supporting Proper DATA_URL for Camera plugin

>>  My only reservation is that it is a questionable api imho, converting
binary to text just to pass it through the bridge is computationally
expensive and ram intensive and better cameras continue to make it worse.

Regarding this, I think we can generally recommend in the documentation to
use the base64 API option in case of small images (and it is up to the app
developers to decide based on the problem that they are trying to solve).

What do you think?

Hazem Saleh

Re: [Proposal] Supporting Proper DATA_URL for Camera plugin

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
Hello Team,

A PR is now ready for your review, I also updated all unit tests with this
new Camera API behavior across all platforms:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera/pull/432

Thank you

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.