Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Jan Velecký <VV...@seznam.cz> on 2014/06/19 22:41:00 UTC

Should use only drawable folder for single application icon

When using single icon as application icon in config.xml this way "<icon src
="icon.png" platform="android" />" cordova should use basic drawable folder,
because doesn't matter of resolution, PPI, etc., so doesn't matter of device
and for this purpose there are "drawable" folder. Not use drawable-hdpi,
drawable-ldpi and so on. Icons in these folders in this situation should be
deleted.

It's really not neccessary to have 5 not similar, but exactly same icon
files, when we can have only 1 icon file.

Re: Should use only drawable folder for single application icon

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
I don't see the point of the change.  However, you can re-open the
issue and assign it to yourself.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
I don't think it should resize it, but I do agree we should delete the
template ones if any are present. Right now you aren't sure if the <icon>
tag even did anything if you fail to replace the right size. Android and

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Darryl Pogue <dv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Jan Velecký <VV...@seznam.cz> wrote:
> When using single icon as application icon in config.xml this way "<icon src
> ="icon.png" platform="android" />" cordova should use basic drawable folder,
> because doesn't matter of resolution, PPI, etc., so doesn't matter of device
> and for this purpose there are "drawable" folder. Not use drawable-hdpi,
> drawable-ldpi and so on. Icons in these folders in this situation should be
> deleted.

I disagree.