Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com> on 2003/11/19 19:39:29 UTC

padding-right.length not working

Have an fo document with the following block:

      <fo:block text-align="end" padding-end.length="1in" margin-right="0.5in" background-color="#03C575" >
          UNCLASSIFIED
      </fo:block>

Note the 1 inch padding specified. The resulting PDF generates with the
text flush right with the block.

On a whim, I tried this with RenderX, and it rendered it exactly the way
I thought it should, with the text one inch from the right of the block
(I can tell because I've specified a background color for the block

Any suggestions?

--
Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>

Re: R: padding-right.length not working

Posted by Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>.
Well.. I got something acceptable working. Instead of using padding, I
just used a table, like I used to do in HTML before I started using CSS.

Posted by Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>.
> have you try ... margin-right="0in" ...?

Yes I have.

--
Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>

Re: padding-right.length not working

Posted by Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>.
Good Day Andreas,

> I was a little confused WRT the result you want to produce.

Yea, I wasn't very clear. Let me start again.

The results I'm trying to produce is having a single page, a cover page,
that contained a green "box". This box is supposed to take up the entire
page, except for 1/2 inch on the right, 3 inches on the left, and a half
an inch from the top and bottom.

Inside the box, I need some text. This text is right justified. The end
of the text needs to be 1/2 inch from the right of the green box.  I
hope this makes better sense.

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Hi,

Glad to see you found a way to make it work (just received your other
message while typing up this one)

I was a little confused WRT the result you want to produce.

Having a bit of difficulties parsing:

"with the text one inch from the right of the block"
or
"with the text flush right with the block"

The block seems to be correctly end-aligned, with the 0.5in margin + 1in
padding, the text appears 1.5in from the margin-end of the body.
The background-color extends beyond the content area of the block by 1in as
specified...

Would it be the color extending to the start of the line that's actually
bugging you?

Cheerz,

Andreas

Re: padding-right.length not working

Posted by Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>.

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Yes, I tried just using padding-end to no avail. Also tried various
combinations of indent-end, margin-end, etc....

I read the current limitations that you reference above, and didn't quite
understand them.

> only one value allowed

I only have one value

> only implemented for blocks

Its implemented in a block.

> can't be used to make extra space (use indents + spaces instead)

Is this what I'm trying to do? I'm not sure (see last entry). I tried
indents (end-indent) and spaces (space-end) and no luck...

> can be used to control how much the background-color extends beyond the
> content rectangle

O.. This sounds like what I'm after, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Greetz,

Andreas

R: padding-right.length not working