Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Benjamin Ward <be...@forward.net.au> on 2005/08/10 06:03:46 UTC

Lenya/Cocoon Work - available now - Sydney.

Hi All,

The small Sydney based web agency i work for is in need of an
experienced Lenya Developer, to assist in the production of a Lenya site
for a client. There is the opportunity for plenty more work for the
right person too!

I'm VERY new to Lenya. As the TD of this agency i was investigating
Lenya for other purposes, my boss for some reason took the 'lenya idea'
and sold it into a client in a pitch. The Client really embraced the
idea of Lenya, and we got the job! Now, our skills are many, but as i
said - we are Lenya newbies! The timeframe of the job (plus other
workload), means we've not the scope to learn what we don't know of
Lenya on the fly, and thus the need of an experienced Cocoon/Lenya
developer to join the effort. Terms are negotiable.

The challenge to this particular job are many, adherence to tight design
requirements, and inter-operation with another remotely hosted XML based
web-app.

It's a great Client (def, one for the resume!) and we are a fun team who
do fun challenging work, if you're keen to get involved please contact
me ASAP. the ball is rolling on this one!

Or if you know of anyone else who might be suitable please forward this
message to them.

PS. i noted with some irony on the list recently that there was last
month a Sydney Lenya Users meeting. I would have loved to have come. I
was Europe after attending ApacheCon - attempting to learn all i could
there about Lenya. Ah, such are the ironys of life!

Is there interest in another Sydney Lenya meet up?

regards,
ben

Re: Lenya/Cocoon Work - available now - Sydney.

Posted by Victoria Vitaver <vi...@tt.com.au>.
Benjamin Ward wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The small Sydney based web agency i work for is in need of an
> experienced Lenya Developer, to assist in the production of a Lenya site
> for a client. There is the opportunity for plenty more work for the
> right person too!

> PS. i noted with some irony on the list recently that there was last
> month a Sydney Lenya Users meeting. I would have loved to have come. I
> was Europe after attending ApacheCon - attempting to learn all i could
> there about Lenya. Ah, such are the ironys of life!
>
> Is there interest in another Sydney Lenya meet up?

Hi Ben,

I'm always up for a Sydney Lenya meeting ... but that is because I'm a local, however most other people on this list seem to be either internationally located(and were up here in our end of the world due to a conference) or are Melbourne based.

Vica