Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Saurabh Arora <sa...@novell.com> on 2003/06/03 12:30:44 UTC

Re: message style and no support for EJB?

 you can have JAX-RPC map the SOAP element to a DOM element

 How to carry out such a mapping ??

saurabh

>>> anne@manes.net 5/27/2003 5:10:44 PM >>>
The purpose of the JAX-RPC APIs is to provide an RMI-like programming
experience. It supports three programming APIs:
- stub: the client proxy is precompiled
- service: the client proxy interface is predefined, but the
implementation
is generated using dynamic proxy
- call: a dynamic invocation interface

The first two look and feel very much like RMI. The third permits you
dynamically construct a SOAP call based on the WSDL. In all three
circumstances, the JAX-RPC serialization subsystem generally performs
the
[de]serialization process for you.

If you would prefer to manipulate the XML manually, you have two
choices:
- you can have JAX-RPC map the SOAP element to a DOM element
- you can use the low-level API -- SAAJ -- which gives you direct
access to
the SOAP envelope

As for EJB support, it's defined in the Web Services for J2EE
(JSR-109)
specification.

Anne