Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Leegorous <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/08 08:26:01 UTC

Confusing with convention plugin

Hi,

I'm new here.
I follow the http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/convention-plugin.html
Some examples are not working in my case.
like the simplest one, no action exist, always throws

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The index() is not defined in
action class com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport

And the example in Chaining section is throwing the same exception.

I start the project from struts2-archetype-blank, just delete the
original strust2 config
Do anybody know what happen, or know how to diagnose.

Thanks in advance.

Leegorous

--
MyWeblog http://leegorous.net/blog/

Re: Confusing with convention plugin

Posted by dusty <du...@yahoo.com>.
Let the record the response was non-responsive.   Struts is trying to call
index() on your action.  Since you likely don't have index() in your action
it seems likely that the REST plugin is in your path and is trying to
auto-map a URL to the index() method of a registered Controller.

So lets try again.  Are you using the REST plugin?   What URL are you
navigating to that throws this error.  What annotations are you using?

Posted by Leegorous <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.