Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by bhash <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/11 18:22:22 UTC

Migration from MDaemon to James

Hello All,

I am Mail Server Administrator. I want to migrate my Mdaemon mail server to
Apache James. I want to know about that, is it possible to migrate from
Mdaemon to James with Users their emails with attachments. if yes then what
is the procedure to do this task. I will appreciate if you people could help
me out.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Bilal

Re: Migration from MDaemon to James

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
This does not seems to be an issue in the MDaemon to James move.
Probably you are trying James from your dynamic IP address and libero
refuse mail from non-static addresses. Or maybe your IP is blacklisted
somewhere.

Furthermore remember that you should use gmail smtp server to send
messages with a @gmail.com sender as google publish the SPF record for
the gmail.com domain and your IP is probably not listed there (I don't
know if libero uses SPF filters, but this could be the problem, too).

Stefano

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:54:09 +0100
From: Carmine Gargiulo <ca...@gmail.com>
To: Carmine Gargiulo <ca...@gmail.com>,  karmyne@libero.it
Subject: test

test

Re: Migration from MDaemon to James

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Hi Bilal,

as far as I know there are no conversion tools.
I don't know Mdeamon so I don't know what is its store format.

Stefano