Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Lee Jackson <le...@zen.co.uk> on 2002/05/19 19:09:37 UTC

installExternalFunctionGlobal() ??

Hi peeps,
I think I've misunderstood what the above function does and just wanted to
confirm so.

What I am *trying* to do is make a few more functions available to my
stylesheets and access them just by including the namespace in my xsl. To
test things out I've just modified the ExternalFunction sample to install
the external function globally. Reading the description for
installExternalFunctionGlobal :-

installExternalFunctionGlobal() makes the function available globally. Use
uninstallExternalFunctionGlobal() to remove the function. The global
functions are static.

I'd assumed that this would accomplish such..and running ExternalFunction
works without error. However if I try to use Xalan afterwards e.g. "Xalan
foo.xml foo.xsl" I am told that the functions are not available.

So I have to assume that installExternalFunctionGlobal doesn't actually make
the new namespace generally available to any instance of the xslt
processor...but why have this function when installExternalFunction appears
to do much the same thing?

Am I correct in thinking that to make these ExternalFunctions available I am
going to have to modify the calling app...in my particular case several of
them...to incude these functions within the source?

I know I can look at the source code but just hoping someone has a quick and
easy answer for me :)

Many thanks

Lee Jackson