Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Cocoon Man <co...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/17 18:08:54 UTC

How can I instrument my own values inside my actions or components ?

Hello all,

I've used the Excalibur Instrumentation client and it is really a great tool
!

Now, I would like to follow the evolution of my own variables using this
tool.

I looked at the source code of the *
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.InstrumentedResourceLimitingPool* class to
look at how it returns the instrumented values for poolable components.
See
http://excalibur.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/pool/InstrumentedResourceLimitingPool.html

What I understand is this : you just need to implement the *
org.apache.excalibur.instrument.Instrumentable* interface and instantiate
some *ValueInstrument()* or *CounterInstrument()* objects.

Is there anything else I must do to be able to instrument my own values ?
Is there some instruments manager I need to configure in order to declare my
own Instrumentable class ?

Regards,