Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ed Wolpert <wo...@radiancegroup.com> on 2000/02/07 20:56:57 UTC

encodeURL with Cocoon

Quick question for you folks...

We have a set of XML producers that makes use of the servlet session.
We want to be able to allow our users to disable cookies, which means that
we
have to create links in the XML producer, and use the encodeURL method which

is part of the response. However, since using cocoon, we don't have access
the response object. Is there an easy way to get access to the encodeURL
method? If not, how are folks dealing with browsers that have turned off
cookies,
yet want to use the servlet session?

Thanks.

Edward Wolpert
Radiance Group

Re: encodeURL with Cocoon

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Ed Wolpert wrote:

> Quick question for you folks...
>
> We have a set of XML producers that makes use of the servlet session.
> We want to be able to allow our users to disable cookies, which means that
> we
> have to create links in the XML producer, and use the encodeURL method which
>
> is part of the response. However, since using cocoon, we don't have access
> the response object. Is there an easy way to get access to the encodeURL
> method? If not, how are folks dealing with browsers that have turned off
> cookies,
> yet want to use the servlet session?

This is a known limit in the Cocoon 1.x architecture. You _can_ access
the response object but it's a hack. (see the XSPProcessor code).

Cocoon 2.x will be designed to allow you to access the response object
as any other servlet.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: encodeURL with Cocoon

Posted by Ricky Szeto <rs...@cryptologic.com>.
The solution is quite simple. All you have to do is create your own processor
to look for a specific element(ie 'enclink') and encode that url.
Once done, have it spit out a result element that you can call up in your xsl
or whatever. But this processor must be processed before 'xslt' to work.

Have fun...

Ricky