Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Peter Maas <pf...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/06 09:30:08 UTC

myfaces in weblogic

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a basic myfaces application to run on weblogic 8.1 but
without any luck yet. I googled arround a bit and found some contradicting
bits on form but no 'THIS is how to to it, THIS is why'.

The problem I'm running into seems to be related to context initialisation:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError.
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(
ServletStubImpl.java:822)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(
WebAppServletContext.java:3236)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(
WebAppServletContext.java:3181)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(
WebAppServletContext.java:3154)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(
HttpServer.java:654)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(
WebService.java:483)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(
ServletInitService.java:30)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java
:131)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:964)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

A forum on the sun site recommends the use of a specific listener, which is
not included in the myfaces distribution... another post on yet another
forum recommended the use of a different servlet (
net.sourceforge.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet) which is no part at of the
myfaces distribution either?

any help appriciated!

-P

Re: myfaces in weblogic

Posted by Peter Maas <pf...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm,

after installing SP4 the myfaces blank application works... adding the
jsp2.0 jar didn't seem to help to much!

-P

Re: myfaces in weblogic

Posted by rosalba bochicchio <ro...@yahoo.it>.
yes,I think so. Let mi know if it works!

--- Peter Maas <pf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah! O.k.
>
> I think I already tried this, but I'll give it a go.
> Supposively this
> jsp-api.jar needs to be jsp2.0 and is needed for the
> web.xml dtd?
>
> -P
>
> On 12/6/05, rosalba bochicchio
> <ro...@yahoo.it> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> > I had your same problem and finally solved it
> > including the file jsp-api.jar in the lib
> > directory of my project.
> > Hope it helps,
> >
> > Rosalba
> >
> > --- Peter Maas <pf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > wl version 8.11, so SP1... and I don't have the
> > > option to install additional
> > > service packs... hopefully this is not
> mandatory?
> > >
> > > -P

> application to
> > > run on weblogic 8.1
> > > bit and found some
> how
> > > to to it, THIS is why'.

> related
> > > to context

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(

weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources

> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(

weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:131)
> > > (T3Srvr.java:964)
> > > weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
> weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

> of a
> > > specific listener,
> > > distribution... another post on
> > > different servlet (
> > > > >
> net.sourceforge.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet)
> > > which is no part at of

> > Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
> > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
> > dsl.yahoo.com

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Re: myfaces in weblogic

Posted by Peter Maas <pf...@gmail.com>.
Ah! O.k.

Re: myfaces in weblogic

Posted by rosalba bochicchio <ro...@yahoo.it>.
Hi Peter,
I had your same problem and finally solved it
including the file jsp-api.jar in the lib
directory of my project.
Hope it helps,

Rosalba

--- Peter Maas <pf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> wl version 8.11, so SP1... and I don't have the
> option to install additional
> service packs... hopefully this is not mandatory?
>
> -P
>

> On 12/6/05, Udo Schnurpfeil
> <ud...@atanion.com> wrote:
> >
> > Which service pack?
> >
> > Udo
> >
> > Peter Maas wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to get a basic myfaces application to
> run on weblogic 8.1
> > > but without any luck yet. I googled arround a
> bit and found some
> > > contradicting bits on form but no 'THIS is how
> to to it, THIS is why'.
> > >
> > > The problem I'm running into seems to be related
> to context
> > > initialisation:
> > >

> > > java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError.
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(
> > ServletStubImpl.java
> > > :822)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(
> > WebAppServletContext.java:3236)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(
> > WebAppServletContext.java:3181)
> > >
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(
> > WebAppServletContext.java:3154)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java
> > :654)
> > >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources
> > > (WebService.java:483)
> > >         at
> > >
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(
> > ServletInitService.java:30)
> > >         at

weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:131)
> > >         at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume
> (T3Srvr.java:964)
> > >         at
> weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
> > >         at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
> > >

> > > A forum on the sun site recommends the use of a
> specific listener,
> > > which is not included in the myfaces
> distribution... another post on
> > > yet another forum recommended the use of a
> different servlet (
> > > net.sourceforge.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet)
> which is no part at of
> > > the myfaces distribution either?
> > >
> > > any help appriciated!
> > >
> > > -P