Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David <da...@nmp.es> on 2000/12/21 17:37:35 UTC

Creating a new XML node in a Java function outside the root element

Hi Cocoonians!!

We want to change the style of one string
(myString=<esql:get-string column="definition"/>;) that we obtain from a query.
We think that inserting new XML nodes like <newline> </newline> we can "match"
them later in the xsl  and give our style.
But the idea seems only to work if we do it in the <definition> node.
What  about working with a JAVA function before the root element? We cannot use
neither XSPCurrentNode nor <xsp:element> because they are related to the root
element.

Thanks folks!