Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/27 19:38:25 UTC

No. of brokers and performance

In general when dealing with multiple queues is it ok to have one
broker shared for all the queues? Is there a place where I can look at
active mq config parameters that impact performance?

Re: No. of brokers and performance

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
yes, but there are memory and file descriptor limits for a single java process.

have a peek at http://fusesource.com/docs/broker/5.4/tuning/index.html
or http://activemq.apache.org/performance-tuning.html

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: No. of brokers and performance

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
> In general when dealing with multiple queues is it ok to have one
> broker shared for all the queues? Is there a place where I can look at
> active mq config parameters that impact performance?

See the ActiveMQ Tuning Guide on
http://fusesource.com/products/enterprise-activemq/#documentation
(requires registration)

It offers a good number of tuning tips.