Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Dominik Hübner <co...@dhuebner.com> on 2015/05/22 09:50:36 UTC

Many rows vs many columns

Is it better to aggregate more data in a single row with more columns or aiming for having rather short but many rows?
I remember having read somewhere that it doesn’t really matter as physical layout would be the same, but cannot find this reference anymore.

Re: Many rows vs many columns

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at opentsdb ?
http://opentsdb.net/docs/build/html/user_guide/backends/hbase.html

What access pattern to your data are you expecting ?

Cheers