Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Will McQueen <wi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/08 01:01:37 UTC

capture exact Http request for wire trace

Hi,

I use commons-httpclient-3.1 to make Web API calls. For debugging purposes, I need to know exactly the entire HTTP request message that was sent from my program to the server (ie, wiretrace). How can I do this with httpclient? At first I thought there might be a toString() method in the HttpMethodBase class that I could call after constructing my request, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I was considering using something like Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles, or Burp, but I'd rather do it with httpclient if I can. Using a proxy would modify some of the headers, I think?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Will

RE: capture exact Http request for wire trace

Posted by "Moore, Greg" <Gr...@adp.com>.
Take a look at http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/logging.html or
http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/troubleshooting.html

Greg.