Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/05/18 15:12:07 UTC

My Slides from Navigating the Incubator Trenches

All,

I've had a couple of people ask where my slides are for the talk I gave
this week at Apachecon.  I also expect the video to be published soon.  The
slide deck can be found at https://s.apache.org/jda_acna_2017

I hope everyone enjoyed it, glad seeing so many podlings and potential new
projects present!

John

Re: My Slides from Navigating the Incubator Trenches

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.
Yeah, thanks.  They were great talks with great conversation as well.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

FW: My Slides from Navigating the Incubator Trenches

Posted by "Gangumalla, Uma" <um...@intel.com>.
Guys, Incase if you missed the following email. Its worth looking at the
slides.
They will definitely helps in learning Apache Way! That is more important
thing for any Apache projects and members!

Regards,
Uma

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On 18/05/17 16:12, John D. Ament wrote:
> I've had a couple of people ask where my slides are for the talk I gave
> this week at Apachecon.  I also expect the video to be published soon.  The
> slide deck can be found at https://s.apache.org/jda_acna_2017

The videos from Tuesday's Community track and yesterday's Apache Way
track are now up on youtube!

John's incubator talk is at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWurOHvm5WM&list=PLbzoR-pLrL6pLDCyPxByWQwYTL-JrF5Rp&index=41
, Justin's incubator one is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-lp1t9ee0&list=PLbzoR-pLrL6pLDCyPxByWQwYTL-JrF5Rp&index=40
, and the others are dotted throughout the list at
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbzoR-pLrL6pLDCyPxByWQwYTL-JrF5Rp

Nick

Re: My Slides from... any ApacheCon/BigData talks

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
John D. Ament wrote on 5/18/17 11:12 AM:
> All,
>
> I've had a couple of people ask where my slides are for the talk I gave
> this week at Apachecon.  I also expect the video to be published soon.  The
> slide deck can be found at https://s.apache.org/jda_acna_2017

Reminder: speakers can upload slides to the producer's CFP management
site using the Linux Foundation ID you submitted your CFP to:

  https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cfp/dashboard

> Slide Due Date
> ===
> We will be contacting speakers as we get closer to the event but
> please note that your presentation slides, in 16:9,  are due on
> Tuesday, May 2. These can be submitted (in .PDF format only) through
> the CFP manager by logging into the site here. As soon as you submit
> your slides, they will automatically be available to view on the
> event website.

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/slides

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/slides

Also: if your slides are easily re-useable and are about a larger
community topic (i.e. not just about one project) feel free to add them
to the ComDev speaker resources page:

  https://community.apache.org/speakers/slides.html

> I hope everyone enjoyed it, glad seeing so many podlings and potential new
> projects present!

Yay! There was a lot of good content and feedback at sessions in Miami!

--

- Shane
  https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/resources