Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Evan Lenz <ev...@infopop.com> on 2004/06/22 19:29:50 UTC

JXTemplate outside of Cocoon?

Is it possible to use JXTemplate outside of Cocoon? How much code
customization would be necessary to do so? Do JXTemplate files compile to
Java SAX producer code? Or are they interpreted?

I've been researching various templating technologies for XML generation. My
goal is to compile to SAX producer Java code. I'm thinking about building a
custom code generation framework (using XSLT, not unlike XSP compilation I
suppose), but JXTemplate looks like the perfect technology apart from its
apparent tight binding to Cocoon. As excited as I am about the prospects of
continuations and the emerging Cocoon Flow model, it probably doesn't make
sense for my team to buy into the whole Cocoon framework at this point (in
the context of a high-volume Web hosting environment).

I'd love to hear whatever thoughts or insights you may have.

Thanks,

Evan Lenz
Interface Engineer
Infopop Corp.