Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Anton Kedin <ke...@google.com> on 2019/08/06 16:09:22 UTC

Perf regression

I noticed there is a perf regression that appeared on Nexmark dashboard on
July 30. It seems to be limited to SQL Query3 and most obvious in Dataflow
runner. Direct runner shows a slight increase as well but Spark runner
doesn't seem to be affected. I looked at the history of changes of Beam SQL
and don't see an obvious culprit that happened around that date.

This happened just before the 2.15.0 release branch was cut (July 31) so I
marked it as a blocker for now. More details in the Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-7906

If anyone has any ideas or suspects, please comment on the jira.

Regards,
Anton