Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Alexander Gallego <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/12 21:02:11 UTC

Can't enable, nor disable, nor truncate nor drop

Has anyone faced this issue, see my hbase shell output here

http://pastebin.com/PQWGgZHZ

For your convenience :

12/12/12 19:54:28 WARN conf.Configuration: hadoop.native.lib is
deprecated. Instead, use io.native.lib.available
HBase Shell; enter 'help<RETURN>' for list of supported commands.
Type "exit<RETURN>" to leave the HBase Shell
Version 0.92.1-cdh4.0.1, rUnknown, Thu Jun 28 18:13:01 PDT 2012

truncate 'test_table
Truncating 'test_table' table (it may take a while):
- Disabling table...

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotEnabledException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotEnabledException: test_table
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.handler.DisableTableHandler.<init>(DisableTableHandler.java:75)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.disableTable(HMaster.java:1154)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor18.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server.call(WritableRpcEngine.java:364)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1336)

Here is some help for this command:
 Disables, drops and recreates the specified table.

is_enabled 'test_table'
true
0 row(s) in 0.0030 seconds

is_disabled 'test_table'
false
0 row(s) in 0.0020 seconds

drop 'test_table'

ERROR: Table test_table is enabled. Disable it first.'

Here is some help for this command:
Drop the named table. Table must first be disabled. If table has
more than one region, run a major compaction on .META.:

  hbase> major_compact ".META."

RE: Can't enable, nor disable, nor truncate nor drop

Posted by Rajeshbabu Chintaguntla <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi Alexander, This problem comes when some failures in enable/disable of a table.
You can refer this jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6469 for more information(FYI)

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Alex,

       A possible reason for this problem could be that the znode
associated with this particular table is not behaving properly. In such a
case, you could do as suggested by Mr. Adrien. To do that follow these
points :

Stop Hbase
Stop ZK
Take a backup of ZK data