Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by mcasandra <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/10 19:19:44 UTC

Cassandra documentation

I am unable to find a single source where there is a complete documentation
of Cassandra. I find some blogs here and there or a short descriptions on
the wiki page.

Where can I get a good documentation to start with understanding Cassandra
and it's administration?

Re: Cassandra documentation

Posted by Sal Fuentes <fu...@gmail.com>.
I've read the book and overall I think its a great book. It should
especially useful for those getting started.

--
Salvador Fuentes Jr.

Re: Cassandra documentation

Posted by Bill de hÓra <bi...@dehora.net>.
On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 10:06 +1300, Aaron Morton wrote:
> There is also a book http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920010852
>
> I've not read it yet, so cannot comment on it's quality.

Good book, worth getting. Cassandra is a moving target so some detailed
info is already out of date, eg references to Avro and the code samples,
but the overall gist of things is fine. I hope O'Reilly will do a 2nd ed
for 0.8 this year.

A High Performance Cassandra a la Zawodny's MySQL book would be a no
brainer. Almost all the problems I see on user@ are
operational/perf/tuning related.

Bill

Re: Cassandra documentation

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>.

Posted by mcasandra <mo...@gmail.com>.

Cassy Andra wrote:

> Here is a blog my team is working on at Accenture which is intended to be
> complete beginner's guide to Cassandra. I'm still updating a few posts
> based
> on DataStax's recommendations and I need to add the last three posts (will
> get this done soon), but you can start checking it out via this link:
>
> https://sites.google.com/a/techlabs.accenture.com/cassandra
>

> - Sameer

I tried to follow steps to configure hector. Even after adding all the jar
files I see lot of errors in the project. For eg: apache commons object
mapper doesn't resolve.

Is that expected? Others have suggested using maven instead.

Re: Cassandra documentation