Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vincent Berruchon <vi...@neo-logism.fr> on 2002/10/07 11:10:03 UTC

Double Tomcat!

  Hello,
is it possible to install two Tomcat server on the same machine, note
that I use FreeBSD (4.6) and the agoal would be to have a development
server and a "production" server?

Got hints or tricks about that?

Thanks

Re: Double Tomcat!

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@emerging-trade.com>.
Yes you can use as many as you want.

Set the different CATALINA_BASE for each server. Create a conf, logs,
work, webapps and temp directory for each CATALINA_BASE directory.

copy the configration files in conf directory of each CATALINA_BASE. And
change the ports of conenctors you are using in your server.xml. Also
change the shutdown port.

Deploy your applications in the webapps of each tomcat installation.

Now you can start the tomcat with for each CATALINA_BASE

Raj

RE: Double Tomcat!

Posted by Miguel Angel Mulero Martinez <mi...@mad.tecsidel.es>.
Yes, you can if you use different ports.

Re: Double Tomcat!

Posted by Malachi de AElfweald <ma...@tremerechantry.com>.
Can't you just specify a different CATALINA_BASE and then different ports in server.xml????

Malachi