Posted to user@lucy.apache.org by Arjan Widlak - United Knowledge <ar...@unitedknowledge.nl> on 2017/05/20 09:48:31 UTC

[lucy-user] trailing double quote

Dear all,

It seems that if a double quote is the last character of a query,
followed by nothing or nothing other than space characters, an error is
thrown:

    StrIter_crop: top is behind tail
    cfish_StrIter_crop at cfcore/Clownfish/String.c line 704

As can be seen in code like this:

    my $query_parser = Lucy::Search::QueryParser->new(
         schema             => $env->get_schema,
         fields                 => [ 'normalized' ],
    );

    my $user_query = 'aap noot mies" ';
         $user_query  = $query_parser->parse(
         $user_query
    );

The single occurence of a double quote anywhere else in a string is no
problem, nor is the single occurence of a single quote anywhere in the
string. Also if it's at the end.

Is this a bug in Apache::Lucy? (Lucy-v0.6.1 latest version on cpan)

Kind regards,
Arjan.

Re: [lucy-user] trailing double quote

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 20/05/2017 11:48, Arjan Widlak - United Knowledge wrote:
> It seems that if a double quote is the last character of a query, followed by
> nothing or nothing other than space characters, an error is thrown:

> Is this a bug in Apache::Lucy? (Lucy-v0.6.1 latest version on cpan)

Yes, this is a bug. It should be fixed in the next release:

     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-325

Nick