Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mehul S Dave <me...@tifr.res.in> on 2001/07/24 14:59:43 UTC

Wat is JDBC realm basically

Hi,
   I am sorry to ask this easiest query but i dont have any idea about it.
   Wat is JDBC realm . Wat is it all about wat can i do with it?

Mehul S Dave
Scientific Officer, (STCS Dept.),
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Phone - 2152971 Extn - 2372
Mumbai .
webpage:- http://www.csc.tifr.res.in/~mehul

Re: Wat is JDBC realm basically

Posted by John Hebert <jo...@vedalabs.com>.
Mehul S Dave wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am sorry to ask this easiest query but i dont have any idea about it.
>    Wat is JDBC realm . Wat is it all about wat can i do with it?

A JDBCRealm is the default database connection used for getting security
information such as username, password and role for user logins in a web
application.

This is a very simple definition, so you should read
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/JDBCRealm.howto and
setup the suggested tables and data on a JDBC capable SQL server and
uncomment the appropriate tags in server.xml. I recommend PostgreSQL
(http://www.postgresql.org).

Good luck!

John

--