Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2002/01/14 22:54:03 UTC

[VOTE] add new store component: JispFilesystemStore

Hi Team,
I like to introduce a new component. As always, I did
some fundamental refactoring of the Store components.
(I think, I did never anything else in this project :-/)

Changes:
New Store Persistence:
I wrote a Jisp <http://www.coyotegulch.com/jisp/index.html> based
Persistence Store (JispFilesystemStore), which serves cocoon as a swapping
system. The Persistence Store exists of one datafile and one B-tree indexed
index file which -well- points to this datafile. This is a very
optimal solution, to access quick serialized data. The core developer
of Jisp told me, that Jisp can handle over a million of entries
in one datafile. That should be enough ;-).

Memory Store Refactoring:
I removed this odd FilesystemQueue, etc, which I didn't like from that
day I introduced it ;). Objects are swapped out to the new Store Persistence
if a) Memory Store is full or b) the StoreJanitor forces it, because
Memory is running low in the JVM.

So we have at least only one Thread left in the Store compents, that is
in the StoreJanitorImpl. But I just overhanded the Store components to the
jakara-commons community and some people showed interest to develop (with me) this
components further. A Cache with weak references is in discussion actually.

Documentation update:
I updated the related documents, of course.

The only problem is I have the latest running version in my
workdir and not in the scratchpad. So you're not able to test
the, before I commit the changes. I'm sorry.

  Gerhard

RE: [VOTE] add new store component: JispFilesystemStore

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Vadim,
hmm OK I will book it into the scratchpad + extra
cocoon.xconf and roles files fore easy config.

Sorry, but I'm a little bit confused these days,
new job, new cellphone ;-), etc.. you know.

But _please_ people test it!! I'm getting so _less_
feedback and I know I'm not that perfect ;)

  Gerhard

"Nowadays we would first land a CNN crew, put up a COLOR camera
and ask Mr. Armstrong to come outside and make a jump for mankind..."

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.