Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Kapoor <ka...@capecode.in> on 2013/12/16 10:55:47 UTC

Query regarding the DAG traversal

Hi,

I am going through the code of Tez, specially DAG bit of it and was able to
find the DAG traversal code.
Could anyone please guide me to find the traversal code part of DAG.

--
*Thanks and Regards*
*Kapoor*

*LinkedIn : in.linkedin.com/in/abhishekkapoorbigdata/
<http://in.linkedin.com/in/abhishekkapoorbigdata/>*
*Twitter: @kapoorSunny*

RE: Query regarding the DAG traversal

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
On the dag you can get vertex by name. on the vertex you can get input and
output vertices. These should be enough to traverse the graph.

I was not able to find the code for traversal of DAG.
Could anyone assist me through it .

--
*Thanks and Regards*
*Kapoor*

*LinkedIn : in.linkedin.com/in/abhishekkapoorbigdata/
<http://in.linkedin.com/in/abhishekkapoorbigdata/>*
*Twitter: @kapoorSunny*

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Query regarding the DAG traversal

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
If you're looking to understand the code, DAGImpl, VertexImpl, TaskImpl,
TaskAttemptImpl are the main classes you'll need to look at - primarily
DAGImpl and VertexImpl on how Tez processes the DAG. Tez uses an event
model to communicate between various components. There's a state machine
defined in each of these which determines the operation that is performed.
Start with the Init* transitions.
Are you looking to just understand the code, contribute etc ?

Thanks
- Sid

Posted by Kapoor <ka...@capecode.in>.
Sorry correction: