Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Igor Borovkov <ig...@borovkov.com> on 2006/11/17 07:19:34 UTC

[AXIS2] Integration with standalone java program

Hello.

I need to invoke methods of a standalone java program from a webservice.
Is it possible to embed to in Axis2?

Is it better way than using RMI to communicate with the standalone java program?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Re[2]: [AXIS2] Integration with standalone java program

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Igor

Dims wrote an article on this here:

http://www.wso2.net/kb/83

Paul

On 11/17/06, Igor Borovkov <ig...@borovkov.com> wrote:
> Sanjiva Weerawarana, great thanks for your answer. But I am afraid I didn't
> fully correctly formulate the question. Let me explain the problem more clearly.
>
> Assume we have the java program P1 that streams video to a network. We want to
> develop AXIS2 based webservice to control streaming process (for instance, start
> and stop of streaming).
>
> In such case, could we really embed axis2 to that java program and not to use
> any appserver? If yes, could you suggest me some tut or javadoc's url where I
> can get a direction for following searches.
>
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> I need to invoke methods of a standalone java program from a webservice.
> >> Is it possible to embed to in Axis2?
>
> > Yes, absolutely.
>
> >> Is it better way than using RMI to communicate with the standalone java program?
>
> > Depends on your requirements- if the only consumers of of your service
> > are other Java programs within your local network then RMI may suffice.
> > If you need clients in C and .Net and PHP and Java all to access it then
> > you Web services is a better approach.
>
> > Sanjiva.
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Igor Borovkov
> E-mail: borovkov@ieee.org
> Mob. phone: +38-067-252-66-99

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re[2]: [AXIS2] Integration with standalone java program

Posted by Igor Borovkov <ig...@borovkov.com>.

--
Cheers,
Igor Borovkov

Re: [AXIS2] Integration with standalone java program

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.