Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marco Magistrali <ma...@ariadne.it> on 2001/07/17 11:38:41 UTC

jsp and tomcat 4

Hi,

I have a question:
    if I modify a JSP under tomcat4 i don't see any change in browser because
tomcat4 get the .class of JSP in cache (directory work)

How can I say to recompile the jsp if there are changes in java??

tanks
Marco

RE: jsp and tomcat 4

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, David White wrote:

> [snip]
> I recall someone on this list mentioning that Tomcat 4b5 had a known bug
> regarding detection of changes in source files, so I've assumed that was the
> problem I've been seeing.

That is indeed the case.  It's fixed in nightly build 20010717 (which also
incorporates the security vulnerability fix), and will be fixed in the
Tomcat 4.0-beta-6 release that will be forthcoming later this week.

Craig

RE: jsp and tomcat 4

Posted by David White <ca...@pacbell.net>.
I've been having the same problem.  When I modify a JSP, it isn't recompiled
automatically.  However, if I delete the .class file associated with the
JSP, both the .java and the .class files associated with the JSP are
rebuilt.  So I've been deleting the .class files whenever I make JSP
changes.

I recall someone on this list mentioning that Tomcat 4b5 had a known bug
regarding detection of changes in source files, so I've assumed that was the
problem I've been seeing.

I'm using standalone Tomcat 4b5 in a Win2000 environment.

If anyone knows of a configuration change or a work-around that could get my
JSPs to compile properly when changed, please let me know!

Thanks
David

Re: jsp and tomcat 4

Posted by Oskar Zinger <os...@micromuse.com>.