Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Seumas Soltysik <ss...@home.com> on 2001/10/04 08:46:43 UTC

Sending a message to a non-local address

Hi,
I am trying to send messages to an account outside of my local network using James and so far I have been unsuccessful.

I have successfully created a new user account and been able to send messages to that account.

I have set the IP addresses for my ISPs DNS server in the config file.

I have looked through all my log files etc. to see where the message might have gone and I do not see any trace of it.

Any suggestions as to how I might rectify this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Sending a message to a non-local address

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>.
On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Seumas Soltysik wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to send messages to an account outside of my local
> network using James and so far I have been unsuccessful.

Make sure that RemoteAddrNotInNetwork matcher registers your internal
network IP; ie: the network numbers you want James to handle messages
from.

Oki