Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by bradburyn <br...@optusnet.com.au> on 2007/04/13 07:25:36 UTC

virtualised Linux or AIX LPAR provided by IBM

has anyone used or know of any problems with servicemix in a virtualised
linux enviroment. we will be using websphere community version.

thanks

Re: virtualised Linux or AIX LPAR provided by IBM

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 4/12/07, bradburyn <br...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> has anyone used or know of any problems with servicemix in a virtualised
> linux enviroment. we will be using websphere community version.

Nope, ServiceMix can be run just fine on both Linux and AIX and a
virtualized instance just looks like a normal operating system to the
JVM.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: virtualised Linux or AIX LPAR provided by IBM

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

I have never worked with AIX before, but ServiceMix does work fine on an
IBM System i (aka AS/400 -- very similar in hardware), both under OS/400
and Linux (LPAR). It also works on AIX (recently fixed some problems
with the startup script), so I don't expect any problems with your setup.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen