Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/02 23:22:57 UTC

Gradle build

Somebody actually made a Gradle build, based on my recent blogpost :-)
I think we should stay in the Maven world, because we all know it. But
anyway it is very interesting to look at it. Actually Gradle has
become one of the tools on my "need to try" list. Here is the original
comment of my blog, Github link included.

Kelly Robinson:
"I enjoyed reading this article, and decided to take a crack at
porting the build over to Gradle. Most of it is pretty simple,
although I didn’t go far enough to get windres installed on a mac, but
if you would like to take a look, here’s a patch file on github at
https://gist.github.com/2859928
Definitely won’t solve all of the problems you have described here,
but might spark some ideas anyhow."

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Gradle build

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2012/6/2 Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:
> Somebody actually made a Gradle build, based on my recent blogpost :-)
> I think we should stay in the Maven world, because we all know it. But
> anyway it is very interesting to look at it. Actually Gradle has
> become one of the tools on my "need to try" list. Here is the original
> comment of my blog, Github link included.

IMHO Gradle is a great tool, however it lacks the Maven community. You
can see lots of plugins for Maven, and IDE support is great.
Choosing Gradle over Maven would be like choosing Scala over Java:
it's cool, but most solved problem in Java/Maven have not been solved
yet in Scala/Gradle.

Antonio