Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2005/12/27 21:03:36 UTC

"derby.service" property mentioned in the Developer's Guide

These Developer's Guide sections reference "derby.service":

    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdeploy11201.html
    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdvlp27610.html
    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdvlp846402.html

The last 2 refer the reader to the Tuning guide, which doesn't mention
this property anywhere and, probably most importantly, it isn't on the
list of properties:

    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tuning/ctunproper22250.html

I didn't spot derby.service in
engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/reference/Property.java .

Are the references in the Developer's Guide old and should be removed?
Or is there such a property that needs to get documented?

thanks,

-jean

Re: "derby.service" property mentioned in the Developer's Guide

Posted by Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>.

--- "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> wrote:

> These Developer's Guide sections reference
> "derby.service":

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdeploy11201.html

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdvlp27610.html

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdvlp846402.html

> The last 2 refer the reader to the Tuning guide,
> which doesn't mention
> this property anywhere and, probably most
> importantly, it isn't on the
> list of properties:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tuning/ctunproper22250.html

> I didn't spot derby.service in
> engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/reference/Property.java
> .
>
> Are the references in the Developer's Guide old and
> should be removed?
> Or is there such a property that needs to get
> documented?
>
> thanks,
>
> -jean

Jean brought this issue up awhile back, and I dont
remember seeing a response or a JIRA issue filed for
it.  Does anyone know if derby.service should be
removed from the docs?  If so, I can file a JIRA issue
and submit a patch.