Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Balaji Sundaresan <Ba...@symphonysv.com> on 2004/12/14 07:31:56 UTC

Recording SOAP requests

Hello All,

I have a application based on the client-server architecture.
The server runs on a Webserver and my client talks to the server using
XML over HTTP.

1) I want to record my application test cases in Jmeter. So, I ran the
Jmeter's HTTP Proxy Server and made sure my app requests pass thro' this
proxy server. Jmeter recorded these requests as HTTP requests and
interpreted my xml data as http-request-param=value.
Instead, I want Jmeter to record all my requests as "SOAP/XML-RPC
Request". Does anybody know how I can achieve this ?

2) Also, the xml data my client sends with every request, contains a
sessionId. This sessionId gets dynamically generated and sent to my
client, for user login use case, initally. How can I get this valid
sessionID and pass it in the subsequent requests. Is there a way to
replace the session ID dynamically in each soap request ?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thank you,
Balaji

Re: Recording SOAP requests

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Recording anything but normal HTTP requests is not supported by the
current recording proxy server.  However, making your own plugin to do
the recording for you is not out of reach.

Essentially, what you can do is is create new copies of the classes in
the org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy package to a new package and
modify them to create WebServiceSamplers instead of HTTPSamplers.  I'm
sure there are many gotchas you'll encounter if you try to do this, but
we're here to help you through it, if you want to try.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation