Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Mauricio Montblanch <mm...@uragua.com.uy> on 2005/04/08 20:01:52 UTC

Runtime Connection

Hi want to use a runtime conection, but OJB never takes the ne data as valid

this is the metadata I am using in the file bases.txt:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE descriptor-repository SYSTEM "repository.dtd">

<descriptor-repository version="1.0" isolation-level="read-uncommitted">
<jdbc-connection-descriptor
    jcd-alias="postgreSQL"
    default-connection="true"
    platform="postgreSQL"
    jdbc-level="3.0"
    driver="org.postgresql.Driver"
    protocol="jdbc"
    subprotocol="postgresql"
    dbalias="//93.100.10.99:5432/GSF-DB"
    username="gsf"
    password="gsf"
    eager-release="false"
    batch-mode="false"
    useAutoCommit="0"
    ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"

    <connection-pool
        maxActive="5"
        maxIdle="2"
        maxWait="3"
        minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="4"
        numTestsPerEvictionRun="5"
        testOnBorrow="true"
        testOnReturn="true"
        testWhileIdle="true"
        timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="6"
        whenExhaustedAction="2"
        validationQuery="SELECT current_date"
        logAbandoned="true"
        removeAbandoned="true"
        removeAbandonedTimeout="8"/>

    <sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl">
        <attribute attribute-name="autoNaming" attribute-value="true"/>
    </sequence-manager>
</jdbc-connection-descriptor>
</descriptor-repository>

this is the code (is like the example in the documencion)

            MetadataManager mm = MetadataManager.getInstance();

            // read connection metadata from repository file
            ConnectionRepository cr =
mm.readConnectionRepository("...../bases.txt");

            // merge new connection metadata with existing one
            mm.mergeConnectionRepository(cr);

             //this section works if the file metadata is in
reopsitory_database.xml
            impl = OJB.getInstance();
            db = impl.newDatabase();
            db.open("postgreSQL", Database.OPEN_READ_WRITE);

    this is the error message:
    org.apache.ojb.broker.PBFactoryException: There was no default-PBKey
specified
    at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryBaseImpl.defaultPersistenceBroker(PersistenceBrokerFactoryBaseImpl.java:157)
    at
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker(PersistenceBrokerFactory.java:65)
    at logica.persistence.Persistence.openManualPersistence

any Ideas

                   Best Regard MM

Re: Runtime Connection

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Armin Waibel wrote:
> Hi Mauricio,
>
> seems that your jcd is not marked as "default" connection. Did you tried
> to do
> // other steps
> // merge new connection metadata with existing one
> mm.mergeConnectionRepository(cr);
> //mm.setDefaultPBKey(new PBKey("postgreSQL", "gsf", "gsf"))
> // should work too
> //mm.setDefaultPBKey(new PBKey("postgreSQL"))

think this should be done automatic by OJB. I will add a bug report.

Armin

Re: Runtime Connection (PROGRESING BUT... )

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi,

in current OJB version it's not possible to reset the "default
connection" setting (to avoid side-effects). If try to set the default
PBKey more than one, you will get an exception.
In the OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch I changed this behavior (MetadataManager +
ConnectionRepository). You can patch MetadataManager#setDefaultKey to
allow reset of the key. This should resolve your problem.

regards,
Armin

Posted by Mauricio Montblanch <mm...@uragua.com.uy>.
Hi, I Keep Having problems

            before the conection

            MetadataManager metadataManager = MetadataManager.getInstance();
            ConnectionRepository repository =
metadataManager.readConnectionRepository(getXmlconection(servidor));
            metadataManager.mergeConnectionRepository(repository);
            metadataManager.setDefaultPBKey(new PBKey("postgreSQL"));

          the conection

            implementation = OJB.getInstance();
            database = implementation.newDatabase();
            database.open("postgreSQL", Database.OPEN_READ_WRITE);

             (this work if I use the right server name)

             after the fail conection (I used a wrong server name)

               List descriptors =

Re: Runtime Connection (IT'S ALIVE )

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mauricio Montblanch <mm...@uragua.com.uy>.