Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/05 17:14:13 UTC

[compress] HasCharset is a bad name

Hi All,

The new interface name HasCharset is pretty bad IMO.

CharsetProvider is the obvious (to me) better name even though there
already is a class called java.nio.charset.spi.CharsetProvider.

Alternatives could be CharsetContainer, CharsetAccessor, CharsetGetter, ?

Gary

Re: [compress] HasCharset is a bad name

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Supplied and Provider are both good.

Gary

Posted by Jeremy Gustie <jg...@blackducksoftware.com>.
CharsetSupplier?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
the book! ;-)

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [compress] HasCharset is a bad name

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [compress] HasCharset is a bad name

Posted by Amey Jadiye <am...@gmail.com>.
HasCharset is certainly bad and also CharsetAccessor sounds like class name
not as Interface , I think Charsetable CharsetAccesable or CharsetAware Is
better as Interface name.

Regards,
Amey

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > Am 11.07.2017 um 06:55 schrieb Simon Spero <se...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Since it's an interface, I could change it to IHasACharset?
> >
> > Or If you prefer I  could rename it to YouGiveLove?  (Lucky Millenials-
> you
> > aren't headsonged)
>
> I recommend to leave this kind of irony out of mailing list communication.
> This is probably your personal style of communicating, but it is hard to
> understand in remote communication with people from other cultural
> backgrounds. It makes communication more boring to remove this kind of
> sugar, but it helps to avoid misunderstandings.

I suppose Slack would work...

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello,