Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Carl Sziebert <ca...@vegas.com> on 2006/03/28 21:41:10 UTC

Noob question: virtual path mapping

Hello all:

First, I did STFU with no luck, sorry if this question has been asked
and answered a million times before.  I'm new to JSF and am tasked to
evaluate it as a replacement for Struts.  I am attempting to run the
blank example application using the virtual path mapping enabled
(/faces/*) instead of *.jsf.  Unfortunately when I attempt to visit the
get the error below.  Why does the app work with *.jsf but not /faces/*?
What did I miss during configuration?  Or did I screw something else up?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this
Application - typically this is because a context listener is not setup
in your web.xml.
A typical config looks like this;
<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener<
/listener-class>
</listener>

javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:84)
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.init(FacesServlet.java:84)
:105)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:86
9)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:527)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:80)
.java:684)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

TIA.